The Pastry Chef Guild of Alberta and Make-A-Wish® Southern Alberta team up to offer Calgary a sweet experience, the Pastry Chef Showcase! Funds raised from the Pastry Chef Showcase help support Make-A-Wish Southern Alberta.
Make-A-Wish Southern Alberta grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Funds raised also go towards scholarships for students of the SAIT Baking and Pastry Arts diploma program.
The Showcase is an exclusive and unique dessert experience. The Showcase is held on a biennial basis. Our first event was held in 2009, and we are pleased present our sixth upcoming event in March 2018.
- Over a dozen prestigious pastry chefs and their establishments will offer up an array of decadent desserts.
- In between sweets, you can cleanse your palate with artisan breads and cheeses, and sip boutique wines and beers.
- Chefs will compete for a lucrative People’s Choice Award.
- As a special highlight for our fifth event, chefs will be participating in a Chocolate Competition, presenting stunning chocolate showpieces for you to vote upon.
- The event will feature a silent auction where you’ll get a chance to bid on offerings from local chefs and other goodies.
Last year, the exclusive line-up of participants for the 2014 Pastry Chef Showcase included: